Well, signing up with Rollyo (http://rollyo.com/)and creating my own search engine was very simple. The website was clearly labelled and easy to navigate, but when I decided to add the search engine to my blog and actually use it......well thats where the problems started.
The instructions for adding it to the blog were easy to understand, and that bit went without a hitch. Unfortunatley when I used it to search for things that I know are in the websites I linked, some wouldn't come up at all, and the other subjects did...but the information that appeared wasn't from the sites I had provided. Perhaps my links were bad, although I did check them all several times.
So I have decided that since this was an optional part of the exercise, I'm opting not to use the search engine on my blog. I dont think I will be using this site in the future, I find saving my most trusted sites to Favourites much easier and less time consuming than going through this site, then typing in a topic, then scrolling through the possible web sites for the one that I want.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment