Well, signing up with zoho writer ( http://writer.zoho.com/jsp/home.jsp?serviceurl=%2Findex.do ) is easy, especially if you have an existing yahoo account. You just link your email to zoho and click on the log in with yahoo option. I really liked how zoho's permission to link with yahoo is a temporary thing, it gives me peace of mind in regards to my personal email.
It seems easy enough to use (if you are familiar with basic typing programs), but it took me a while to figure out how to publish the document on my blog. At first I thought it would be really straightforward, I clicked on the publish button above the document i was working on, I chose the publish to blog option (so far so good), then it asked for my user id......this is where i had problems. First I tried my zoho account username and password (no good), then my blog username and password (still no good), finally I thought what the heck and tried my email address and password and lo and behold it worked. I know it only took 3 tries, but the sites instructions could have been clearer. I dont consider an email address as a username and I only used it because I was desperate. Other than this I found zoho writer an easy tool to use, though I dont believe I will need it in the future.
You can see the document I published with zoho below this post.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment