I got more out of this execrise than I thought that I would. Some of the activities we did were fantastic. I think my favourites were week three (Photos and images) when we got to play around with flickr, week five (Play Week) with the image generators and week nine (podcasts, video & downloadable audio) when I got to share some of my favourite clips on youtube.
My favourite discovery was rss feeds.....which I didn't know existed until we started this training. It would benefit the library so much if we could get some feeds originating from our site, just imagine patrons being able to recieve news of upcoming events or new books by thier favourite author. Another great addition to our site would be a wiki with book reviews by staff and patrons, it would be such a great way to discuss/discover new authhors.
I think Flickr will be the only thing I continue to use after this traning is complete (well youtube too...but I used that before we started) because I can share photos with my family over the net. As for the other great (and some boring...) web applications, the only socializing I do over the net is playing warcraft and you cant link rss feeds and the other applications to that :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment